Providence Baptist to hold 9/11 service | Events
DANIEL ISLAND (WCSC) - The tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks will be a crucial part of worship at Providence Baptist Church this Sunday, September 11.
Pastor Don Flowers will lead a 9 a.m. remembrance service and a musical tribute service at 11:15 a.m., featuring a hand bells performance composed by Barbara Werner in memory of her father who was on the 97th floor of the twin towers when they collapsed.
The sanctuary walls will bear the names of the nearly 3000 people killed on that tragic day, as well as the names of all service members who have died in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars since the attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania.
“Ten years ago on September 11, we suffered an incredible loss. It wounded us as a nation. It wounded our psyche,” says Pastor Don Flowers. “The worship services are an attempt to move toward forgiveness. As horrible as the attacks were and as difficult as forgiveness may seem in the wake of such tragedies, is that not what the Bible calls us to do? The 9/11 attacks could be the very instrument for helping us have wholeness and salvation.”
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews clear overturned truck in North Charleston
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home