MUSC Mobile Health Unit offering free skin cancer screenings | Events
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Dermatologists from MUSC will make trips out to beaches and waterparks this summer to warn swimmers of the damage the sun can have on skin.
MUSC's Mobile Health Unit will conduct skin cancer screenings at the Isle of Palms front beach area from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 13. It will also make it out to Splash Zone Waterpark at James Island County Park on Saturday, August 10 from 9 a.m. to noon.
The screenings are free and open to the public, and appointments are not required. The Mobile Health Unit is a fully-equipped doctor's office on wheels.
Copyright2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets on sale for Dave Chappelle at the PAC Dec. 10
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint