Annual Daniel Island golf tournament benefits sea turtles | News
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Golfers on the South Carolina coast are teeing off to help sea turtles.
The annual Tees & Turtles Golf Tournament is being held Tuesday on Daniel Island to benefit the Sea Turtle Hospital at the South Carolina Aquarium.
The money raised goes to support the sea turtle program which is the largest conservation program at the aquarium. The program costs about $320,000 a year to operate.
Since the aquarium opened 13 years ago, 125 sea turtles have been successfully rehabilitated and released back into the ocean.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint