Mt. Pleasant police release smartphone, tablet app | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- The Mount Pleasant Police Department has released their smartphone and tablet application to help keep residents up to date on what's happening in the community.
The application is free to download for Apple iPhones as well as Android based smart phones.
Citizens will be able to interact with the police department via electronic mail and/or telephone contact as well as:
- Submit crime tips anonymously
- View a map of where crime is occurring
- Receive push notifications of important alerts
- View feeds from Facebook and Twitter
- Send a photograph of crime issues
As with all social media, this application is not meant to be used in the case of an emergency.
The Mount Pleasant Police Department will be monitoring communication from the application
periodically but will not be actively monitoring messages all of the time. If an emergency arises, residents are encouraged to call 911.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner identifies woman killed in auto pedestrian accident in N. Charleston
- Coast Guard cutter Gallatin docks for the final time in North Charleston
- Eastbound traffic on I-26 moving again following accident in N. Charleston
- Crews clear overturned truck in North Charleston
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC