Mt. Pleasant man claims $250K lottery ticket | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- A Mt. Pleasant man has claimed the $250,000-winning Mega Millions lottery ticket, saying it's the first thing he's won since he was six years old, when he won a Mickey Mouse watch.
He discovered Saturday morning the ticket he purchased at a gas station on Bessemer Road was a winner.
While his ticket for the March 2 drawing missed the jackpot by one number, the Megaball® was 5 and he had 25, he still feels fortunate.
"My only regret is that I didn't spend the extra $1 for the multiplier," he said.
Had he, his prize would have been an automatic $1 million.
"It's still the thrill of a lifetime," he said.
The married man is putting the winnings away for retirement.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rivers Avenue lanes reopen after overturned trailer spills load
- Parking alert issued for Thursday's Coliseum and PAC shows
- Coast Guard cutter Gallatin docks for the final time in North Charleston
- Coroner identifies woman killed in auto pedestrian accident in N. Charleston
- Eastbound traffic on I-26 moving again following accident in N. Charleston