Mt. Pleasant council approves Oyster Point development | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- A large housing development in Mt. Pleasant is one step closer to reality after town council approved three steps on Wednesday night.
Council approved the annexation of the 600-acre Oyster Point Development and also approved zoning as well as the impact assessment and conceptual plan.
Under that plan a new turning lane, traffic signal and roundabout would be constructed on Six Mile Road to ease traffic congestion.
Council will discuss the development again during a September meeting. A group of residents have opposed the plans because of worries over heightened traffic.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dave Chappelle to play the PAC Dec. 10
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint