SCDOT to discuss Hwy. 41 bridge replacement at Dec. 4 public meeting | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- The South Carolina Department of Transportation is looking for public input on a proposed bridge replacement over the Wando River.
A public meeting will be held by SCDOT on Tuesday, December 4 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Mt. Pleasant Recreation Department. The SCDOT will provide information regarding the proposed Hwy. 41 bridge replacement over the Wando River.
Officials would also like to hear comments from area residents and business owners.
The proposed project includes replacing the current bridge with one that offers a 55-foot vertical clearance. The meeting will include displays of the new bridge, as well as maps and drawings.
The meeting will begin under an informal format, with a formal presentation beginning at 6 p.m.
For more information, call Jae Mattox, Program Manager at SCDOT, at 803-737-1805.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Mt. Pleasant Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Widespread Panic to return to Lowcountry
- Tickets go on sale for The Killers at Family Circle Stadium Aug. 13
- Man accused of stealing nearly $3k worth of equipment from construction site
- Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five hit Daniel Island July 27
- Annual Charity Duck Race to fill the Wando River with rubber duckies
- Cops: Charleston man attacked, pushed wife down stairs
- Plenty of craft beer on tap Saturday at the Charleston Beer Garden
- SCE&G: Heavy rope fell on Ravenel Bridge, broke three light poles
- Annual Southeastern Beard & Moustache Championships returns May 25
- Student reports threatening tweet to police department
- Mike Perkis named unofficial winner of Sullivan's Island mayoral race
- IOP business owner says his car is not a billboard, city's attorney will review ordinance
- Trio facing federal charges in murder-for-hire plot
- John Corbett Band hits The Windjammer stage tonight
- John Corbett to rock The Windjammer Saturday