SCDOT to discuss Hwy. 41 bridge replacement at Dec. 4 public meeting | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- The South Carolina Department of Transportation is looking for public input on a proposed bridge replacement over the Wando River.
A public meeting will be held by SCDOT on Tuesday, December 4 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Mt. Pleasant Recreation Department. The SCDOT will provide information regarding the proposed Hwy. 41 bridge replacement over the Wando River.
Officials would also like to hear comments from area residents and business owners.
The proposed project includes replacing the current bridge with one that offers a 55-foot vertical clearance. The meeting will include displays of the new bridge, as well as maps and drawings.
The meeting will begin under an informal format, with a formal presentation beginning at 6 p.m.
For more information, call Jae Mattox, Program Manager at SCDOT, at 803-737-1805.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews clear accident on I-526 in N. Charleston following accident
- Boeing bringing between 300 & 400 jobs to North Charleston
- Rivers Avenue lanes reopen after overturned trailer spills load
- Parking alert issued for Thursday's Coliseum and PAC shows
- Coast Guard cutter Gallatin docks for the final time in North Charleston