Construction begins on two Mt. Pleasant sidewalk projects | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- Construction will begin January 16 on two sidewalk projects in Mt. Pleasant that will create a safer way of travel for pedestrians.
Charleston County Government says nearly 1,800-feet of sidewalk will be constructed along Anne Knapp Blvd. and Edwards Dr. The work will begin on Wednesday, Jan. 16 and will be completed by Jan. 31.
Officials say 360-feet of sidewalk will be built along Anna Knapp Blvd. to connect with existing sidewalks on Mathis Ferry Road and Lake Hunter Circle.
The 1,400-feet of sidewalk that will be constructed along Edwards Dr. will connect with sidewalks on Center St. and Edwards Dr.
The projects are funded by the Charleston County Government's Transportation Sales Tax Program.
Charleston County Government asks that all drivers traveling through the project's construction zones notice traffic control signs and be aware of equipment and workers.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Mt. Pleasant Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mike Perkis named unofficial winner of Sullivan's Island mayoral race
- IOP business owner says his car is not a billboard, city's attorney will review ordinance
- Trio facing federal charges in murder-for-hire plot
- John Corbett Band hits The Windjammer stage tonight
- John Corbett to rock The Windjammer Saturday