CARTA announces changes to Mt. Pleasant bus routes | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA) announced they will be making adjustments to Mt. Pleasant routes.
The route changes come on the heels of a study of the Mt. Pleasant routes and recommendations received during a public hearing. Changes will go into effect Sunday, February 24.
"CARTA regularly monitors each route in the system to ensure that they are the most efficient routes and offering service in the areas with the most need and use," said CARTA Board Chairman Elliott Summey. "Extensive studies of the current Mount Pleasant routes were conducted to make sure the recommended changes were in the best interest of the riders we serve, as well as overall efficiency of the system."
According to CARTA, the following route changes will be made:
- Additional equipment has been added to Route 40 to decrease wait times at each stop.
- Route 401 and 402 will be consolidated into Route 41, serving Patriot's Point, Waterfront Park, and Coleman Blvd to Rifle Range Rd. The service will travel into Downtown Charleston and will provide service back to Coleman Blvd.
- CARTA's Tel-A-Ride service will continue in the area with changes consistent with the boundaries set by Route 40 and the new Route 41.Tel-A-Ride service boundaries are set within 3/4 mile on either side of the new transit routes, with added service extended to the municipal boundaries of the Town of Sullivan's Island and the City of Isle of Palms.
For more information on CARTA's bus routes, click here.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Mt. Pleasant Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Widespread Panic to return to Lowcountry
- Tickets go on sale for The Killers at Family Circle Stadium Aug. 13
- Man accused of stealing nearly $3k worth of equipment from construction site
- Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five hit Daniel Island July 27
- Annual Charity Duck Race to fill the Wando River with rubber duckies
- Cops: Charleston man attacked, pushed wife down stairs
- Plenty of craft beer on tap Saturday at the Charleston Beer Garden
- SCE&G: Heavy rope fell on Ravenel Bridge, broke three light poles
- Annual Southeastern Beard & Moustache Championships returns May 25
- Student reports threatening tweet to police department
- Mike Perkis named unofficial winner of Sullivan's Island mayoral race
- IOP business owner says his car is not a billboard, city's attorney will review ordinance
- Trio facing federal charges in murder-for-hire plot
- John Corbett Band hits The Windjammer stage tonight
- John Corbett to rock The Windjammer Saturday