Police: Lowe's employee gave friends $1,931 worth of supplies | News
MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC)- A Mt. Pleasant Lowe's employee has been arrested after police say he hooked his friends up with nearly $2,000 worth of building supplies.
Jeffrey Long, 37, turned himself into Mt. Pleasant police Friday morning. He has been charged with breach of trust less than $2,000.
According to an incident report, Long was confronted by a corporate loss prevention officer on Wednesday around 10:30 a.m.
Police say Long, who worked in returns, admitted to changing prices or not ringing up products for two friends. Those friends would then give him cash.
A Lowe's employee told police the total cost of building materials involved in the scam came to $1931.28.
The report states the scam began around April 24 and occurred as recently as Tuesday.
Long is being held at the Charleston County Detention Center. His bond was set at $2,130.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dave Chappelle to play the PAC Dec. 10
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint