3 sea turtles being released on Isle of Palms | News
ISLE OF PALMS, S.C. (AP) - The South Carolina Aquarium is releasing three sea turtles after their treatment at the aquarium's hospital.
The three are to be released on Wednesday on the beach at the Isle of Palms.
They include Splinter, a loggerhead caught by a research vessel in late May with what appeared to be a large splinter in its flipper. The splinter turned out to be the bill of a swordfish. The bill was removed by surgery.
Raker, a green sea turtle, washed up in Myrtle Beach on a cold day last April. It suffered from the cold, a shell infection and dehydration.
The third turtle is Sutton, a Kemp's ridley that was stunned by the cold off New England last January and brought south to the aquarium for treatment.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Upcoming Events near Mt. Pleasant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint